when you reread a book or rewatch a show/movie and you notice things
if i as a retail worker have to work with a dozen cameras pointed at me to deter me from stealing $10, cops should have to work with a camera pointed at them to deter them from arbitrarily maiming and killing people
- me: walks into living room
- tv: tonight on how its made
- me: stands in same spot for 30 minutes watching how garbage bags are made
Young Dad Wins Back Custody of Child Adopted Without Consent
26-year-old Jeremiah Sampson waged a three-year court battle that forced him to drop out of college to pay for legal expenses in gaining custody of his child.
Sampson drove five hours to Rolla, Mo., once or twice a week for more than six months to challenge the adoption in court. The adoptive parents threw a towel over the baby’s head in court, refusing to let him look at his birth father.
Born and raised in Coweta, Oklahoma, Sampson had four older brothers, three sisters and a mother who worked two jobs to support them all. He didn’t meet his father until he was 13 and hasn’t seen him much since.
“I would never do that to my own flesh and blood,” Sampson said. “I would never walk away from my own child.”
Sampson is now suing the adoption agency for violating his parental rights by going ahead with the placement even after he objected.
Source: Tulsa World
THIS IS MONUMENTAL IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING OF THE ADOPTION INDUSTRY’S ALL OUT GLOBAL ASSAULT ON BLACK FAMILY PRESERVATION OMG LOOK AT THIS GLORIOUS DUO LOOK AT THIS GLORIOUS RULING I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT /capslock!orphan X
THE FACT THAT THE AMERICAN PEDIATRIC SOCIETY TOLD AMERICAN SCHOOL SYSTEMS THAT TEENS SHOULD NOT BE UP BEFORE 8:30 AND ONLY 15% OF SCHOOLS LISTENED ANGERS ME SO MUCH
alright now i used to hate pitbull because it seemed like the right thing to do but you know what i never hear him doing fucked up shit. as far as i know he is really just out there living life ,enjoying himself, visiting walmarts, and spreading the cubano party into the hearts of everyone around the world, he is mr. world wide and hes having a blast and i respect and love that pitbull. pitbull if youre reading this thank you and im sorry
knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit
wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
That was deep
philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is a smoothie
That was deeper.
common sense is knowing that ketchup isn’t a damn smoothie you nasty
so im moving out of my dads house because he refuses to accept that im trans. this is the shirt im wearing over there today
“Stop sending expired food”….”fried chicken 64.99”
IQALUIT, Nunavut — A head of cabbage for $20. Fifteen bucks for a small bag of apples.
A case of ginger ale: $82.
Fed up and frustrated by sky-high food prices and concerned over widespread hunger in their communities, thousands of Inuit have spent weeks posting pictures and price tags from their local grocery stores to a Facebook site called Feed My Family.
WHAT IN THE FUCK? This shit is not okay.
ughhslfkajsdlf gross gross gross
Reblogging for the extra articles.
Also… I might show up to this protest and support them.
Pay attention to this stuff, please, followers who haven’t heard about this! This kind of thing is completely erased in news media.
This is really fucking important.
This is why I don’t respect anyone who blindly supports the anti-sealing protestors. Because for a lot of people, it’s the only affordable option.
It’s not just Iqaluit. In Nain, Labrador this problem has been going on for ages and nobody does anything about it. $47 for a ham and $17 for a block of cheese. In Rigolet, Labrador, a loaf of bread costs $7. Here’s another picture of an Iqaluit food price changing before your very eyes.
The NNCP is starving people, reducing their food choices, and keeping people on EI poor. This is so, so wrong.
How can we help? I joined the group and checked out the website, but I didn’t see anything that can be actively done (other than raising awareness, which, of course, is great).
Excellent question! If you read through the group (which is here, for anyone who missed it), there are people talking about some ways to help.
- Look at the latest news on the Feeding My Family website to see what the priorities are and how you might be able to help.
- If you’re Canadian, call your local MP and ask to discuss this issue and express your concern.
- Look up ways to support putting pressure onto airlines to charge fair rates (a $1000 plane ticket should be from one coast to the other, not a few hundred miles).
- Research and learn what you can about food sustainability. For a start, how about learning square foot/metre (French intensive) gardening or container gardening and starting to practice it yourself? Share these techniques with friends and family. Get good at it so you can teach them to others who have poor food security in your own area.
- For the love of God, stop signing “anti-sealing”/”anti-hunting” petitions and supporting Greenpeace’s actions without understanding the complicated, nuanced situation in the North.
- Watch the FB group, because people there mention direct donations and ways to help the organizations actually on the ground there.
- For example, one person is starting up a donation project/fundraiser.
- Look at what organizations like FoodShare are doing and support them.
There is so much to be done. Sharing news articles and stories, lists of resources, donation and fundraising pages, and knowledge about food security is critical, but there’s a lot more work of all sorts.
"I want to share a cautionary tale with you guys. I make light of it, but it’s a very serious issue we don’t really think about until it’s too late. Until this year, I actually really never cared about getting accurate eye colors for my cosplays. I’ve been wearing prescription lenses since around 2003. But this year I decided to start getting some SFX contact lenses. I even got a contact lens sponsorship that I abused. However. I thoroughly regret it now. I suffered a huge injury all because I didn’t get contact lenses from my doctor. In cosplay, it’s very tempting to buy from these SFX contact sellers because it’s convenient and it’s relatively more cost friendly. (I say relatively because the medical bills from this injury have amounted to many times more than the costs I’ve spent on lenses.) After wearing some lenses on Saturday of SDCC, my eye suffered a 90% corneal abrasion. That number is very high and abnormal for just a contact lens. It’s usually from a more violent trauma. At first, the guess was that I was wearing the wrong size. (The diameter isn’t the only important measurement when getting properly fitted lenses.) I saw 4 different doctors and after some time it was determined that it was the quality of the lenses. My lens provided almost no oxygen to my eye, it melded, and when I took out my lens, it took out 90% of my cornea with it. They were concerned that the damage was so severe I might actually go blind from it.
It was extremely painful and ugly and just awful. At one point I was trying so hard to force myself not to cry and scream because it hurt so bad but the doctors didn’t know what was wrong with me and that was so frustrating.
I couldn’t even open my right eye, because it hurt to squeeze my left eye even the slightest bit. It took over a week and a half to heal the abrasion. Now I’m left with scarring and clouding which is causing blindness. I’m legally blind in my left eye right now which is to say I can “see” but it’s beyond blurry. If I stay this way, it means this eye will never have a prescription that will provide me with any visual accuracy in that eye. I’ve been upgraded to steroids. The clouding has reduced a very low percentage, but I haven’t regained any of my vision. The doctors are hopeful, but it’s not certain I’ll regain my vision. The process takes over a month to heal. Some people have it worse from this injury and lose ALL eyesight. I’m very lucky.
So moral of this story? I really hope I motivate at least one cosplayer never to order contact lenses from sources outside of your optometrist or websites that are recommended by/require prescriptions from optometrists. I know colored contacts are so tempting for accuracy, and a fun look, but if they do not come from trusted sources, you are just risking your safety and health for cheap, harmful quality.
This photo is from last Thursday and Friday. After a whole week I was finally able to open my eye.
Something I didn’t know is that purchasing contact lenses outside of your doctor is actually ILLEGAL in some states. It’s illegal in California. Do some research on your states laws before you buy them too!
*** I’m seeing these comments and getting messages with a bunch of incorrect facts.***
- Corneal abrasions are NOT rare. Corneal abrasions from contact lenses are the top reason for most corneal abrasions. Not all cases are as extreme as mine. And mine wasn’t even the most extreme case.
- Some people said I would’ve felt it immediately and taken my contact lens out. FALSE. I wore my contact lenses for close to 8 hours with out a single sign of pain or discomfort. The injury occurred when I was taking my lenses out.
- This was NOT the first time I wore SFX lenses. And this was NOT the first time I wore contact lenses. I’ve been wearing lenses for 10 years.
- This was NOT a matter of incorrect sizing, but a matter of QUALITY OF PRODUCT. I was using Pinky Paradise lenses. If you’ve been using Pinky Paradise, good for you. So was I. If you want to continue to use them, good. for. you. I am merely sharing my story as it could happen to ANY ONE even if they’ve been wearing a certain brand for a long time, LIKE ME.
I am choosing not to risk quality of product to save a few bucks any more. I don’t even know if I’ll regain vision in my eye so saving $10 and a few doctors visit was NOT worth it to me.”
I haven’t seen this around tumblr yet but knowing that pinkyparadise is a popular contact lens provider for the cosplay community, I had to share this here. Please, please be careful when it comes to contact lenses you guys.
Boost this like crazy.
I know it might seem “frustrating” if a company won’t take your money without a current prescription- been there done that. But trust me- you do NOT want to mess around with medical devices. Contact lenses, like prescription medicine, should only be used WITH a prescription specific to you.